~Cultivating Life~

Monday, August 20, 2012

Pregnant.




Pregnant.

Can it be?
That's what they all tell me.
The professionals, I mean.
Yes, there it is....right in front of me.
I see the signs...positive.
All the instructions I have read.
No error would there be.
It must be so.
There is no denying you.
You are here.
Inside me.

How I love you already....my tiny bird.
Greens and roughage from my garden will I feed you.
Songs of joy will I sing...resonating in my womb,
Lullaby lyrics.
whose banner over you is love.

I wonder what you will look like.
Will you have my spirit and heart? My tiny feet set to constant motion?
Maybe your Daddy's truth and wisdom? His hands so capable and sure?
I wonder if you could possibly be as good as they say you will be.
Enough to change my life in an instant...

Will you recognize me?
May I truly call you mine? All mine?

I long for it,
the day you will arrive
fully formed
divine
alive,
and well.
I see me in you.
You are beautiful.
You.
are perfect.

I shall name you promise.



 

No comments: