~Cultivating Life~

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Showing Up~


















I recently came across this speech given by acclaimed author Elizabeth Gilbert, who wrote the memoir EAT PRAY LOVE:


*thanks Lem for the link*

Gilbert's perspective reminds me a lot of author Anne Lamott's mantra regarding writing and the creative process in her book titled BIRD BY BIRD...

Basically, Gilbert is challenging and urging us humans to simply "show up" and do what we sense within us is our gifting and calling. For writers...just write. For dancers...just dance. KEEP writing. KEEP dancing. Just do it, and know that we have shown up and done the best that we can with our abilities and gifts. Be good stewards of the gifts, as best we know how...and let the rest take care of itself. Such a liberating and amazing concept. I love it. This post can be directly tied to pono as well...when we realize that the "genius" of the gifting is part of a beautiful and delicate tension between the created and the creator(s)* (human AND ultimate)*---and that seeking, knowing, learning and LIVING in the balance of that divine tension...is what will day by day increasingly reveal us as embodiments of "zen"-- true people of pono~

Also, the "outer genius" that Gilbert speaks of *although I do love the idea of mystical beings, and am, as you know, quite partial to fairies!*-- I believe most of us already associate with as being our God. If you watch with that mindset....it's a pretty interesting perspective. Long, yes, but worth it I think~

Enjoy her humor...let the ideas she brings marinate within your heart and spirit...awaken to her ideas and step up to her challenge to "show up"...then share back...I have obediently "shown up" with my limited abilities and gift today, and would love to hear your thoughts in return~

Write on, my friends. Right on~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indeed, we are God-Source,
and we have chosen these bodies & this mind.
I understand this to be utterly Divine.

In alignment with Pono, I believe it is quite synchronystic living that which is mystic.
For all, unknown...the Abyss.
in turn, living this paradigm is pure bliss.

Passion is key to manifestation;
it is an oscillation of my vibration.
What am I to create?
Do I have a moment to wait & vibrate?
...or...
Will I act now to oscillate?....
I Create my Fate...

~"The Silent Strength of Eternal Grace...Expressed NOW and in this place"

andy beth miller said...

Lion-maned one, I am grateful I get to be on this journey alongside you. Thank you BJ, for your wisdom and truths...I see you shine~

Anonymous said...

we are here to share the truth we know, for this is the balance, the essence of pono. reflections eternal

benjamin said...

childlike wildlife......
we sing, we dance, we laugh and play.
its a sweet, sweet life.
with the abandonment of the ego we can listen to our hearts without the static of the unconciousness and manifest all beings everywhere to be without suffering.
namaste'