~Cultivating Life~

Monday, January 23, 2012

I said...No R!!! ~









So....I have been wanting to talk about this ever since I first titled and got the website/domain for my beloved blog : Ponopeople….. yes, that's Ponopeople---without an “R”!

As time has gone by, a friend showed me how you can track where most of the traffic comes from in views of the blogsite. It is amazing to see hits coming in from all over the world….France, Germany, Turkey, even Russia—as well as the good ole’ US of A. The feature even gives you the names of the sites referring links to my page. It is amazing to think of really, how it all connects from one golden thread to another in this vast internet world.

It is not, however, amazing, when I come across referral sites where the search words/titles alone are enough to render me speechless, and bring my face aflame…. "blushing" being a huge understatement. The only explanation I can render for how these eye-popping, incongruous site/ google searches to find their way to me…is that blasted “R” they add---oh that one degree of separation….but how important that one degree is!

I have to admit, I got discouraged and saddened, especially at first when I saw this trend. But then, I thought, perhaps that is God’s, the Universe’s, (insert your choice/option here__________’s) way of getting these shady searches to a site with a whole lot more satisfying sweetness to offer than where they were previously prowling—and one with substance that sustains~

Yes, I confess... I used to get frustrated, and even angry thinking of it all, but now I have to admit I get a bit of a kick in imagining the disgruntled looks on those faces…the utter disappointment of unmet expectations…when my G-rated (no pun intended, I assure you) site greets them.

So, just to reiterate…that is PONOPEOPLE, people!!!….WITHOUT AN R…

*Oi vey...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a difference a letter makes ...

A letter in the alphabet, a letter from a loved one, a letter from God to us in the form of his Word ...


Dr. P