~Cultivating Life~

Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Golden State~


I ran away from home today….

I’ll not stay…

I just need some time.

An ocean in between…

Some moments to pray…

A forum to play…

*So I’m Headin’ to that Golden State…..

Gonna put on that party dress.

Break out those dancin’ shoes.

Listen to some live music.

Walk in the wine country (like sample?)

Drive with the top down.

Bike down the boardwalk.

Venture into Venice, just to see what I see.

Swim in the sun-dappled pool outside my front door.

Wander around that writing world.

And reconnect with those who first saw me sparkle and shine.

Making peace with a past long pushed aside, City of Angels…I’d like to re-introduce myself.

So nice to see you see me again.

What you got, maw ma?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for you!!!

--Mere