~Cultivating Life~

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Let Em' Know~










This past week the islands where I live have mourned the loss of one of their own. A world champion surfer, Andy Irons, unexpectedly passed away. He left a young, beautiful widow and a unborn baby boy on this earth…too soon.

As I watched the local news, and made my way throughout the community these last few days, it has been touching. An outpouring of love, aloha, respect and compassion has saturated the surf community. From fellow champions and contenders sharing their favorite memory, to younger teens attesting to the fact that Andy was many of their main inspirations to begin their love affair with the water and waves—all speak of Andy with such warmth and care.

I hope he knew how much he was loved while he actually lived on this earth. I wonder if these same people shared that love, warmth and care then?

I ask myself who in my life do I love and care for? Who makes my life bright and beautiful? And who do I not want to wait until it is too late to let them know….NOW?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Aloha spirit - it truly is family. Great reminder Andy Beth.

andy beth miller said...

A little glimpse of all the love I hope he knew as he lived...beautiful tribute~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wtz1RmoBCUM&feature=player_embedded