~Cultivating Life~

Sunday, September 1, 2013

~I am, We are~


 
Most mornings I wake up and have to remind myself.
Like when Court-Court passed away.
Too soon,
it was unjust.
it was not fair.

I open my eyes to the sun sliding between the shades,
before so warm and welcome,
its beams are too bright,
too much.

THIS is too much.

I am a new bride,
I love my husband with my whole heart.
This is my honeymoon phase...
should be.
could be.

Most mornings I have to remind myself,
He loves me. chose me. Pursued me. Promised me.
And, this is my honeymoon phase....
should be,
could be.

*This is not my angry epithet,
Consider it my WHAT THE *EFF IS that??


I am here. I have not moved.
Truth, grace, goodness, and love.
Thrive still.

and they water hope, here in my heart.
growing a garden.
that should be,
could be
beautiful,
bountiful,
blessed.

I am a new bride.
I love my husband with my whole heart.
I exist.
I am real.
I AM.

We ARE~

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just love you! Thanks for not forgetting Court-Court.

andy beth miller said...

Mama Gigi, I could and will NEVER forget that bright and shining light. She is such a part of me. I love you both so much

Leah Wall said...

Sweet Andy Beth - just thinking of you tonight. Still praying.

Do you know this hymn?

O the deep, deep love of Jesus, vast, unmeasured, boundless, free!
Rolling as a mighty ocean in its fullness over me!
Underneath me, all around me, is the current of Thy love
Leading onward, leading homeward to Thy glorious rest above!

O the deep, deep love of Jesus, spread His praise from shore to shore!
How He loveth, ever loveth, changeth never, nevermore!
How He watches o’er His loved ones, died to call them all His own;
How for them He intercedeth, watcheth o’er them from the throne!

O the deep, deep love of Jesus, love of every love the best!
’Tis an ocean full of blessing, ’tis a haven giving rest!
O the deep, deep love of Jesus, ’tis a heaven of heavens to me;
And it lifts me up to glory, for it lifts me up to Thee!