~Cultivating Life~

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Nostalgia (and a bit of insomnia)~






















Everyday I think of Some Really Random Things I want to bring back and rock out old school style.

Just to name a few:

1) Hi Fives...if something is good, you have to give it its due (Up Top!) *And none of that halfway mess...no way---I am talking all out, fully committed, arm entirely extended, make that sweet slap sound...with enthusiasm....and if, by chance, there is a jump involved, that is okay too (the more lift and air obtained, the better)*

2) Glitter *and lots of it!* (See my earlier post 'All That Glitters' for more reasons to don the dazzle)~

3) And speaking of dazzle... ANYTHING "bedazzled"....*Place, Push and Pop!* (I wanna be known as the "Bedazzler Queen")..... https://www.mybedazzler.com/

4)Crimped Hair. After all, who wouldn't want their hair to look like it just came out of a waffle fry maker?

4) Banana Seat Bikes....oh, the memories I have of riding around with my friends together *the more the merrier, people* Bring 'em back!

5) Slap Bracelets. These were oh so cool and stylin' (And who doesn't want to admit the times when you were able to "slap" a bracelet on a "frenemy" with complete, passive-aggressive satisfaction (albeit applied with a little more force and gusto than possibly necessary?)...

6) MC Hammer "pants"... *oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh-whoa-whoa....it's hammer time* (again)

7) Really Big Hair--like the Texas big--(maybe this particular one is simply b/c of my recent biking mishaps...it is so hot to wear a helmet here...and I think this could quite possibly provide a two-for-one deal of sorts--form and function...class and cushion....style and *oh who am I kidding?*.....

8) Saved By The Bell...One last hurrah....beat the dead horse...why not!?!?! *The Golden Years?* Bayside Retirement Resort...Beach Bingo with Belding, anyone?

9)The Robot, The Percolator, The Roger Rabbit, The Hammer dance (and any other random steps that make the dancer appear *to the untrained eye* as if they are having a seizure, or simply needing to make a pit-stop by the nearest loo)~

10) And, finally....to round out my list of ten (there are so many more, but this is a good representation of my recent random musings).... Naptime...just like when we were in Kindergarten...complete with our own neon orange foamy, cushy mats, and lullaby or WeeSing music piping in the background.....*And, yes, I'd like a juicebox too, please*...

5 comments:

Ray said...

I'm down with bringing a few things back ... The middle eight are yours, but I can commit to unearthing the High Five (down low, in the middle, way too slow) and the Nap. The High Five is going to mess people up ... I'd like it. Got to go ... it's almost "quiet time".

Bunch of Barrons said...

Those were the days...Haha! I LOVED slap bracelets and Saved by the Bell. Awesome! :)

Anonymous said...

What about Fanny packs? I could just borrow my parents since they still have (and WEAR) theirs. Proudly.

I remember giving slap bracelets as Christmas gifts in elementary school!

Anonymous said...

hey, i'm going to steal this idea and repost previous posts. great job.

benjamin said...

AC Slater. need anyone say more? almost as epic as mc hammer pants , he sported the "jammers" with a dignity that is rare to find in these times. completely unapologetic and sincere. all thats really mising from the list is a good classic mullet. so many varieties and versions. my father has a mullet but he does not understand what a mullet is. those types are the best, when they dont even know they have a mullet. bussiness in the front, party in the back.
benjamin